Who we are
Our website address is https://citystonepublishing.com. For more information about the founders of City Stone Publishing, please read About Us.
What is the information we collect
Information you provide:
The information you provide to us might include:
your name, postal address, email address, and phone number. If you’re creating an account, you will provide a password and if you are ordering books you will provide your payment details. If you are submitting a manuscript you will provide additional information as requested on the Submissions page. Your information includes anything which identifies you so if you contribute to a blog or provide other user-generated content to us it may include personal information.
We collect your information when you:
- Interact or correspond with us in letters, by phone, SMS, email or via our website;
- attend events we hold or interact with us in person;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our mailing lists;
- use our mobile device or website applications (apps);
- submit manuscripts to us by post, email or via our website;
- enter into a contract with us;
- order books or other products from our website;
- enter a competition or prize draw;
- provide us with biographical information about you
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. By clicking on those links or enabling these connections you may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices. Please ensure that you read the privacy notices on any such external websites.
Information we receive from third parties:
In certain circumstances, we will receive information about you from third parties. For example,
- if you choose to register for a website user account you may choose to link this account to your social media account (such as Twitter or Facebook). By providing your social media account details you are authorising that third-party provider to share with us certain information about you;
- we use third-party providers to verify information provided by you in connection with any manuscript you submit to us for publication. For example, we will use third-party databases or websites to confirm your publication history;
- we will receive information about you from third parties if they are referring you to us for publication. For example, if you are the co-author of a manuscript, your co-author will be required to provide us with information about you. Or if you have a literary agent making submissions on your behalf, your agent will provide us with information about you;
- if you give permission for us to contact you to a bookseller or other third party running a competition or other event involving one of our books or authors;
- publishers for whom we provide distribution services;
- when we acquire rights from other publishers.
How we use your information
We use your information lawfully. We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may share your information. How we use your information and the legal bases for our use are set out below:
When we have your consent to contact you, we may use your information to:
- keep in contact with you and provide you with relevant updates and (marketing) communications and information that we believe may interest you;
- tell you about new website features or services;
- send you newsletters;
- share your information with third parties such as authors, co-publishers or marketing partners so that they can contact you with information that might interest you (only and specifically after your consent in the matter);
- process your requests to purchase our products from our website;
- to provide customer service and support;
- if you are an author, illustrator or other licensor to administer your publishing contract including receipt, review, editing, production, marketing of your manuscript and payment of your royalties;
Sometimes we will use your information on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This means our legitimate interests in conducting and managing our business and our relationship with you.
Where we use your information for our legitimate interests, we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you. Our legitimate interests don’t automatically override yours and we won’t use your information if we believe your interests should override ours unless we have other grounds to do so (such as your consent or a legal obligation). If you have any concerns about our processing, you have the right to object. Just email us and we will not use your information to this purpose.
We may use your information for the purposes listed below on the basis of our legitimate interests to:
- contact you about products you bought from us;
- contact you about submissions you made or content you provided to us;
- respond to your queries and correspondence;
- administer your account with us;
- deal with enquiries or complaints about the website as necessary to provide customer support in providing the correct products and services to our website users.